Sunday, March 21, 2010

and A Hello to rocketships??

So, as I talked about in my last post, I said goodbye to the old kindies, the "nuts" and hello to new kiddies.
This year the kindergarten classes are named after spaceships. Don't ask.  I am now the homeroom teacher of the Atlantis class and after lunch I teach Apollo. Hilarious. Anyway, I thought I would talk about my new kids and classes.  So I have two new groups of kindergartners as well as new afternoon, elementary aged kids. I am teaching a first grade class, two different levels of third grade, and a fifth grade class. Oh and I am teaching science too. Innnnteresting I know.
I have been teaching Atlantis/Apollo since March 2nd and all is going very well. They are such sweet children and very good listeners. I have nothing negative to say. There are no discipline problems and that is such a miracle.
We went on our very first field trip together last Friday to a science museum.  They were very well behaved and seemed to have fun.  Here are some pictures.
ATLANTIS! 
First row: Cindy, June, David, Diane
Second Row: Lucy, Jeo, Wani (hidden), Wendy 
Third Row: Henry, Chloe, JungYun, Katy 
On the bus to the museum 


A couple Apollo kids, Patrick and Bailey


Something hanging from the ceiling at the science museum


The kids pointing at something in the space-like room, probably this big planet shaped thing in the middle 


JungYun doing an experiment


More Apollo kids
 L to R: Trixie, Alice, Daniel, Sunny, Aaron, John 
Doing an experiment


Atalantis kiddies, another experiment 
Wani, Chloe, Henry 


Of course I had to have a little fun too! 
Co-worker Catherine and me 


Official group pic of Atlantis! 

1 comment: